Audio Description Contest
The Audio Description Contest took place
during the 5th ISMIR Conference in Barcelona, Spain, October
The goal of this Contest was to compare state-of-the-art
audio algorithms and systems relevant for Music Information
Retrieval. We acknowledge that the proposed contest does not
represent the vast and multidisciplinary field of MIR, but
it is the area where the conference organisers have databases
and could organize contests.
- The evaluation metrics were agreed among the participants.
- Some data was made available to participants, so that
the output of the algorithms could be verified on the testing
- We provided training or preparatory data as far as copyright
licenses allowed, otherwise we provided the metadata needed
to univocally identify the data.
- Evaluation took place at our labs before the conference.
- Algorithms were also tested against a set of distortions,
namely equalization, mp3 encoding/decoding, resampling,
noise addition, cell-phone effect, etc. The robustness tests
depended on the specific contest.
Winners of ISMIR2004 contest:
Elias Pampalk (Genre Classification)
Whitman (Artist Identification)
Rui Pedro Paiva (Melody Extraction)
Anssi Klapuri (Tempo Induction)