2004 Graduate School
Monday to Saturday, 10/04 to 10/09
Time: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM/ 03:00 PM - 07:00 PM
Location: Auditorium, França area UPF
Visit the ISMIR 2004 Graduate School website!
- Prepare graduate students in the different research areas
- Give students the opportunity to interact and get feedback
on their research projects/proposals from professors specialized
- Give students an opportunity to establish a supportive
community of other students at the same stage as themselves.
The program will consist of the following:
- Mornings: Lectures at graduate-level in 3 core areas of
musical information retrieval: audio signal processing,
digital musical libraries, musicology.
- Afternoons: Student presentations of their research proposals.
Discussion sessions with students and professors on the
different research proposals.
- Sunday 10th: Students attend one ISMIR conference tutorial.
A maximum of 30 students will be admitted to the course.
- This course is part of the PhD
in Computer Science and Digital Communication of the
Pompeu Fabra University.
- Students can gather 3 ECTS points. They will get a certificate
from UPF signed by the director of the doctoral program
of the UPF and the teachers of the course.
- The registration fee will be 200 €
Students have to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
before June 1st. The application should include the following
documents in pdf format:
- Curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
- Certified copy of academic degree.
- Summary of the research proposal.
Evaluation of the candidates will be carried
out by the teachers of the course. Notification of acceptance
will be given no later than July 5th.
Traveling and Accommodation:
Students will have to arrange their own travel and accommodation.
Students can use the housing reserved for ISMIR in the university
dorms at a special rate.
Anssi Klapuri (Audio signal processing)
J. Stephen Downie (Digital music libraries)
Frans Wiering (Musicology)
Also present in the afternoon discussions: Xavier Serra and
Other than the ISMIR 2004 conference events, the graduate
school sessions will take place in the two França buildings
of Pompeu Fabra University:
Ocata, 1 (black), Passeig de Circumval·lació,
8 (red). 08003 Barcelona
Phone: 93 542 25 00. Fax: 93 542 24 51
How to get there: http://www.bcn.es/guia/welcomea.htm
Bus: 14, 17, 36, 39, 45, 51, 57, 59, 64, 157
Underground: Barceloneta (L4)
RENFE: Arc de Triomf (C1, C3, C4) and França station
(R2, R5, R6, R7)